Monday, February 06, 2012

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Happy Year of the Dragon!

We finally were able to celebrate Chinese New Year (about a week late).  But better late than never.  It seems like we rarely celebrate on the official day around here.  Anywho, I thought I would post a few pics.  We had the cousins come and Grandma and Grandpa.  There was too much food and lots of fun.  We had egg rolls and potstickers and ham fried rice and broccoli beef lo mein and chicken stir fry,

The kids made a dragon cake for dessert.



And they strung up a dragon balloon filled with confetti.  There were twenty-four balloons I think.  It strung from one side of the living room to the other.  These pics aren't great, but you get the idea.  Lucie made the paper head.  We didn't have time to embellish much more than that.


The dragon eggs were a hoot!  Lucie ended with the winning egg and found herself a dollar richer!  She was very excited about it.  The boys decided it was fun to crack the eggs on their heads.


 I think we had more confetti than ever before in the history of ever!  This is the aftermath.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...