Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Mother Daughter Day



Lucie proclaimed yesterday mother daughter day.  This kind of came from left field.  I wasn't sure exactly what she was expecting.  She just decided around ten o'clock in the morning that we were going to spend the day together.  (Don't we always?)  And she had an agenda.  She wanted to go outside and rake leaves first.  OK.  That was on my list anyway.  She was actually super helpful and she chatted non-stop.  We had a great time.  We got the yard all cleaned up.  Then we headed inside and had lunch.  After lunch we made waffle cones for our "treat your neighbor" project.  Then she really really wanted to play with playdough.  I wasn't allowed to just get out all of the stuff and watch her while I went about my own business.  Oh no. This was mother daughter day!  We played playdough together and we had a great time.  She would say stuff like "If my friends call, I am going to tell them that I can't play today, because I am spending the day with my Mom!"

It really was a great day!  I sure love this kid!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is darling! Gotta love little Lucie!

The Stig and The Pickle said...

That is AWESOME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...