Monday, November 07, 2011

Joy School Moment

Did I tell you that we went ahead with Joy School this year?  Well, we did.  We just have two kids.  I was a little skeptical at first.  I wasn't sure it would be worth the work for just two kids.  But.  But but but...it has been FABULOUS!  My friend and I each take a day a week to teach.  The kids are darling together.  They get along great.  And it is super low key.  Way less work than ever before.  And I am amazed at how many more things I am willing to try with them, because they are so easy to manage and well behaved.

I thought I would show you some of the things we have been up to. 


First up...painting with tempura paints and homemade brushes.  You just take a little square of sponge and clip it with a clothespin.  They LOVED this!




For our spontaneous delight unit, we painted in the bathtub with shaving cream paints.  Big hit!  And the Lady had the day off of school.  She liked it too.



We went on a field trip to a corn maze/pumpkin patch and got downright silly!


And last week we had a Halloween Party.  We invited a few friends to liven things up a bit.  It was so much fun!

I LOVE teaching Joy School. 
I highly recommend it.
It's the best!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...