Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Countdown

Are you ever too young to learn the real meaning of Christmas?  I think not.



We are just starting our service and sharing unit in Joy School.  Yesterday we were supposed to make a Christmas Service Paper Chain.  You write a little act of service on each link of the chain.  Every day you take a chain off and perform the service.  These are really simple acts that any preschool child could do.  The idea is to keep the kids focused on the real meaning of Christmas instead of all the commercial garbage they are bombarded with every day.

Paper chains are nice.  You know.  But, I wanted to try something a little bit different.  Do you remember those bulletin board notices in college.  "Contract for sale"?  And then they had strips of paper with the phone number that you could rip off if you were interested at the bottom of the page?   Remember?  Well, that was my inspiration for this Joy School Countdown.



I had the kids color a nativity page and we featured it at the top.  They loved it!

Want to make one with your kids?  Click here for more information and the printable!

I think I will make a version for those of us that are, shall we say, no longer in preschool.  Watch for it!

(The older kid version can be found here as well)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

This is awesome--thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Happy to do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...