Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Baking 101

They came.  We baked.  We ate.  A lot.  It was super fun!

Here's the final recipe cut:


Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Apples

Supplies:
caramel
apples-whatever variety you like best
milk chocolate discs-I prefer to use Callebaut or Guittard
white chocolate discs
candy, nuts, or whatever topping you prefer

Prepare Caramel (three options)
*Make your favorite recipe.
*Follow the directions on a bag of Kraft Caramels

Directions:
Wash and remove the stem from the apples. Chill apples in the refrigerator (this will allow the caramel to “stick” better). Insert stick in the bottom of the apple (this will give you a much tighter hold than the top)

Pour caramel into a bowl or 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Dip each apple into the caramel. Allow excess to drip for a minute or two. You can scrape the excess off of the bottom if you like or reshape it back on the apple after it has set. Place dipped apples on a well greased cookie sheet (or use a silpat). Place on counter or in refrigerator to set.

Meanwhile melt the chocolate discs in a 2 cup liquid measuring cup in the microwave. Melt at half power and for 30-45 second intervals, stirring well after each. When chocolate is completely melted, dip the caramel apple into the chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip for a minute or two. Roll bottom of apple in desired topping (nuts, candy pieces, cookie pieces, etc) Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet to set. Drizzle with contrasting chocolate if desired.

Enjoy!

I have found the best way to serve and eat these apples is to slice them and serve them on a platter.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line mini cupcake pan with papers. Place one mini vanilla wafer (flat-side down) in the bottom of each cup.

Beat the following together until light and fluffy:

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
½ cup sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree (I like Libby's)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg

Spoon filling (a scant Tablespoon) into each cup. Bake for 12 minutes.



For regular muffin size cheesecakes:

Line muffin pan with paper liners. Place a full-size vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling into each cup. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Garnish with whipped cream.
Pumpkin Filled Cannoli Cones

(adapted from a recipe found by Lauren's Latest)

1 package sugar cones (normally used for ice cream)
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¾ cup pumpkin puree (I like Libby's)
½ cup ricotta cheese-well drained (at least overnight if not longer)
¼ cup cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp vanilla

Whip cream until thick with firm peaks. Set aside. Add the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Fold whipped cream gently into pumpkin mixture. Chill until just before serving. Spoon or pipe mixture into cones. Dip ends in chocolate pieces or chopped walnuts. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

PKT said...

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

TJoad said...

I didn't have a chance to take any at the class :(

I'm sure we will be making them again. I will add some as I get them.

Bree D. said...

These were delicious!! You are such a talent! I am going to try those Cannoli's for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...