Today was my last day of teaching Lucie's Joy School class. I'm still holding onto the hope that we will be able to pull off a class next year, but the prospects are slim.** It really is so much fun. She absolutely LOVES it. I love the curriculum and the other children and their mothers have been delightful to work with.
In honor of the last week of school and the upcoming graduation party, I put together a little yearbook. I've never done an online book before. I've been needing to and meaning to for years now. I'm still wanting to do a lifebook for Lucie and a scrapbook of our China trip. It just hasn't happened yet. Not my season of life for scrapbooking I guess. But, I thought this was a project I could maybe handle. It wasn't super huge and I had a definite deadline. So, I threw caution to the wind and jumped right in. I decided to use Blurb. It was the most affordable option. We were able to get four (one for each family) softcover 7x7 inch yearbooks (almost forty pages each) for the grand total of $13 each including shipping. Not too bad. The software was fairly user friendly and I was able to create all of the pages in Photoshop and then transfer them to the book. So, that was a big plus. I haven't received the books yet, but I will let you know how it all turns out.
Want to see a couple of pages?
This was page one of two of our Christmas pageant. The kids acted out the nativity story and sang some adorable songs!
I did a page for each child, with random photos and asked each one what they liked most about Joy School. This was Lucie's response. At Christmas time there was a lesson about service and the kids were encouraged to be "secret elves". Lucie went around for weeks performing cute little acts of love and blaming them on the secret elf! She still likes to do it, even though Christmas has long since come and gone.
We had lots of photos of special field trips and parties, but I wanted to show what a typical day looked like. So, this page was born.
Well, there you have it. Just a little sampling. Enjoy!
**Lucie really wants to find some kids to have school with next year. We were lying in bed last night and she was rattling off the names of all the kids she knows that might be potentially interested. At one point, she mentioned a little recently turned three year old boy in the neighborhood. I told her that I thought he might be kind of young. She said--that's ok. We'll be really careful with him!



2 comments:
Those are really great - we'd do joy school if we lived there! Bummer that we don't.
Total and complete BUMMER! Luke and Lucie would have so much fun together! Maybe you should move.
Post a Comment