Sunday, June 13, 2010

Houseboy

Let me introduce you to this guy:



He is awesome.  He is fifteen.  He has some lofty summer financial goals.  He is not yet officially employable.  So, he is working for me! He has been working really really hard for the past two weeks.  I affectionately call him "house boy".

In the last two weeks he has....
*cleared the swing set area of weeds.
*cleared the swing set area of large rocks.
*cut the phone line (oops)
*installed automatic sprinklers in the same area.
*cut the phone lines (yes, again!--oh yeah we weren't supposed to mention that)
*raked the dirt smooth
*relocated the play fort onto it's new foundation
*purchased and picked-up the sod (with Grandpa's help and Mom's money)
*laid the sod (almost singlehandedly)
*purchased lumber for the swing set (with Mom's money of course)
*cut the lumber to size
*drilled said lumber

We have also been working on cleaning out the garage, cleaning out the attic, and cleaning out his room!  This week he plans on routing and sanding the lumber for the swing set and assembling the swing set.  We are also going to clean all of the windows and spray down the siding.

I LOVE my houseboy!

6 comments:

Roger said...

What a wonderful house boy! You are very lucky.

Shelli Sivert said...

Wow! He's amazing! I love the term "houseboy." It just makes me laugh.

PKT said...

I need one of those!

Reminds me of The Princess Bride, except Wesley was 'Farm Boy'.

As you wish...

TJoad said...

I like that. I need to teach him to say that after each of my requests.

As you wish!

And you do have one. I believe his name is Lars.

nels said...

Any chance I can rent out houseboy?

TJoad said...

Houseboy is definitely for rent! Call anytime. He is even willing to travel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...