I have it...angst that is. This year's costumes are giving me fits. Little Lu wants to be Snow White. Well that one is not so bad. I wish I could buy the cheapo version at WalMart. But (call it an illness) I just can't bring myself to spend $20 on a costume that probably won't even make it through the night. If I am going to do this costume thing--I am going to do it right. By gosh. So then I spent hours yesterday pricing out patterns and fabric. It was going to come to $20+. Hmph. Then I went to a crafts mall and found a nicely made costume for $29. I probably should have just bought it. But once again "the illness" took over. If I just tweaked one of the patterns I already own I bet I could make it for much much less. (You see the patterns are what kill the pocketbook. Especially when you are making costumes a week before the event and have missed all of the great pattern sales. Hmph again.) So I walked out of that store and headed back home. I did end up finding a pattern that I think will work in my vast home library. So we went to the fabric store again today and purchased all of the prerequisite red, yellow, and blue fabric. Now I just have to make it.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Halloween Angst
I have it...angst that is. This year's costumes are giving me fits. Little Lu wants to be Snow White. Well that one is not so bad. I wish I could buy the cheapo version at WalMart. But (call it an illness) I just can't bring myself to spend $20 on a costume that probably won't even make it through the night. If I am going to do this costume thing--I am going to do it right. By gosh. So then I spent hours yesterday pricing out patterns and fabric. It was going to come to $20+. Hmph. Then I went to a crafts mall and found a nicely made costume for $29. I probably should have just bought it. But once again "the illness" took over. If I just tweaked one of the patterns I already own I bet I could make it for much much less. (You see the patterns are what kill the pocketbook. Especially when you are making costumes a week before the event and have missed all of the great pattern sales. Hmph again.) So I walked out of that store and headed back home. I did end up finding a pattern that I think will work in my vast home library. So we went to the fabric store again today and purchased all of the prerequisite red, yellow, and blue fabric. Now I just have to make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Shoot! I wish I had known! We made (Jodi made) the CUTEST Snow White costume for Lily when she was 3! I am sure it would fit Lucie. I would have sent it to you! I am sure that I have the pattern around somewhere too. Bummer!
All I have to say is that if anyone can do it, you can!!! Can't wait to see the finished products. I am not so big into the whole halloween costume thing anymore...but go to my blog and check out what we did this year with the boys.. oh my, very fun!
You are awesome and everything you do is awesome. So no worries. Can't wait to see the pics. All I have to make so far is a cape. I will probably hit Old Navy or Children's Place when their costumes hit rock bottom (at least for little B anyways.)
Post a Comment