Last week we got a whole boat load of snow. There was a lot. And it was cold. And the roads were not plowed very well. I drive the Jr. High car pool on Thursdays and Fridays. Typically the time comes to leave before I am really ready for the day. I try to at least throw on some clothes, so the boys don't have to see me in my bathrobe. Shoes typically elude me. After all, I'm not going to get out of the car. I just have to drop them off. This system has worked for me for 4-5 months now. Until last week.
We were driving slowly down the street and out of the subdivision. As we approached the stop sign, the car began to slide on a thick patch of ice. The road we were approaching was quite busy and I was frantically willing the car to stop before we slid out into the traffic. Gratefully we stopped just in the nick of time. I breathed a deep sigh of relief. And then came that awful sound of the car behind me rear-ending me.
Hmm. No shoes. I couldn't really get out of the car to survey the damage without subjecting my toes to some serious frost-bite. In typical Mom fashion, I sent Bman to survey the damage instead. Thankfully he reported no harm to either vehicle. (We were both driving very slowly) Great! Wait...do I trust the assessment of a fourteen year old boy who is late for school?? Yep. What choice did I have?
You will be happy to know that there really wasn't any damage to my car. And I wore my shoes this morning. And I even packed along my cell phone.
Lesson learned.
2 comments:
That is so funny Julie! I think those things always happen when we really don't want them to nor have the time.
I remember my first time driving in the snow. I was stopping at a red light and started to slide. I ended up sliding all the way around. Fine, I'll go this way. Glad you guys were not hurt(the car too).
Post a Comment