I have been wanting to do a "thankful" post for many days now. But, I am finding that by the time I sit down to post (usually after the kids are in bed) I no longer have the brain power to compose a thoughtful post. It's not really a topic I can approach casually--because we have so much to be thankful for this year! So until I find the time, I thought I should at least do something. This is a wonderful magnet that S-lady made in school. She apparently did have some time to put a little thought into it! I love it!
The photo is a little hard to read. It says "I am thankful for my home. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my bed. I am thankful for my school. I am thankful for food. I am thankful for Lucie's Chinese mother."
We were able to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my folks (and the week prior)--we had a wonderful time! I think they stayed with us longer than they have ever stayed before. We wish they could have stayed even longer! I guess we have to share them with my other five siblings--Darn it anyway! While they were here, we discovered exactly how long it takes for Lucie to "warm up" to people. Ten full days . Non-stop(as in twenty-four hours x 10). No kidding. Finally on their last day in town, she climbed onto their laps and let them hold her and read to her. She still wouldn't stay with them if I was not in the house. That would be just too much! So for those of you that are wishing and hoping that she would let you hold her, you are probably going to have to move in with us for a while. Heehee.
2 comments:
alright, we'll move in the spare room in late december....jk. But we will be in town then.
We can't wait to see you Kansas Dude!
Post a Comment