She is getting it...she is really getting it! And it is so much fun! As you know by now, I have been teaching Lucie some very simple signs. I say the word and make the sign and then usually she mimics the sign back to me. Yesterday as is my custom, I was talking away to her (not really expecting a response) and asked her what she would like for breakfast. She looked up at me with a pleading look and signed "milk please". Oh my goodness--she was thirsty? And she was able to tell me exactly what she wanted!!! How awesome is that!? But wait...it gets better. Later that day, I asked her if she would like to read a book (and I made the sign). She signed back "book please" and then turned, walked across the room, grabbed a book out of the basket, walked back to me, climbed on my lap and handed me the book! Wow, I think she is really starting to get it and I love it!
On a different note. I have been trying to get her to say "mama" since the day we first met. At that point she couldn't even make the "mmm" sound. After a few days, she started to say "mmm" whenever she ate something yummy. But no "mama" just "dada" or "Dad". Humph. Yesterday, for the first time (after almost four long months) she said "mama". It was a proud moment. Now I just have to get her to associate that sound with me. That shouldn't take too long. After all, she is a genius! (wink wink)
No comments:
Post a Comment