Sunday, January 21, 2007
More frustration
Well, here we go again. Nothing can go smoothly, I swear. I guess the USCIS has some strange rule that they have to fingerprint at the same time you submit your I-600a. What does that mean? Well, our fingerprints expired in November. We dutifully went to the USCIS several weeks before they expired and had them redone. Now, as you know, our I171H is expiring at the end of February. We have to submit a I-600a to apply for a new I171H. Even though our fingerprints are good for another 13 months, they are going to make us redo them yet AGAIN. Why? I have no idea. UGGH! S is taking his frustration out on our agency. He thinks they should have known about this rule and told us to just let our fingerprints expire in November and redo them now with all of the rest of the paperwork. I agree. We are paying them. They should have known enough to tell us that. But, I have come to not expect such considerate behavior. I am choosing to hold a grudge against the USCIS. Why would you make the fingerprints expire at 15 months and the I171H expire at eighteen months? It's stupid! Just have them expire at the same time! Or, why couldn't someone in the USCIS office have warned us about this stupid rule when we were refingerprinted in November?? How hard is it to say "you might want to wait and do this in February, since you are going to have to do it then anyway?" It's a plot for the federal government to get more of our money, I swear. Either way, S has to take another morning off of work and we have to pay to have the fingerprints done yet again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment