Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!







We had a wonderful day yesterday! The kids awoke bright and early at 0600 hours. Usually I am lying awake in bed waiting for them to come tip-toeing into our room. But NOT this year. I was dead to the world. They scared the bajeebies out of me! S and I stayed up until 2:30 working on a dollhouse remodel for S-lady. We built her a doll house a few years back, but the inside was never really finished. It just had particle board walls and floors. So, we spent 4-5 hours Christmas Eve modpodging in a new floor and wallpapering the walls. It still needs a little more work, but it looks much better now. And she loved it! After opening gifts (which took about an hour and a half), I took an already much needed nap before everyone came for Christmas brunch at 11:00. Then we opened gifts with S's family. After that we went to great grandma's house for a couple of hours. By then I was really exhausted! We spent the evening just the four of us, cuddled-up in front of a movie. It was a great day! We wish we could live closer to my family. But I talked to many of them on the phone. It sounds like they had a great day too!

Christmas highlights:
*B-man's total look of disbelief as he opened his PSP (hoping and wishing but not really expecting!)
*S-lady's super hugs for a renovated doll house
*B-man quoting a Three Stooges epidsode word for word as I opened my new pressure cooker? (Something about a door to door salesman selling pressure cookers)
*chopsticks with Uncle Brent on great grandma's organ
*B-man and S-lady's homemade gifts to each other
*reading Just Add One Chinese Sister to the kids on the couch
*S-lady's sketches of each one of Santa's reindeer hung from the ceiling for Santa to see
*watching Ferris Bueller's Day off at midnight Christmas Eve while modpodging?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...