Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Day After



Yesterday was Bman's "video game extravaganza" ...otherwise known as his 12 year old birthday party. We had twelve kids plus the family. It was something. To quote one of the kids "this is a party for the record books!" We borrowed four xbox-es, two tv's, four dance pads, as many game paddles as we could find, and several video games. We rearranged the family room to accomodate three of the tv's, and put the fourth one in Bman's room. Bman's room was the "dance" station. The kids would rotate in and out to play Dance Dance Revolution. You would not have believed the decibel level in our little house! At one point, as if the noise wasn't loud enough, they decided to blast the music and have a karoake session at the same time there was an inpromptu piano recital going on downstairs. That was all in addition to the four video stations going full tilt. Unbelievable! But everyone seemed to have a great time. I let Dad manage the chaos. I stuck to what I know best---being the chief cook and bottle washer. B-man requested pizza rolls and munchies. Later in the evening we made our famous chex mix--which I am sort of regretting today. I have been finding sticky globs of it everywhere! Today we were planning on a fun family day to celebrate the actual "birthday". Unfortunately Dad came down sick during the night. So, we have kept close to home today instead. It's actually been kind of fun, although it wasn't what we had originally planned. We made the Bman breakfast in bed and he opened his gifts. The kids stayed in their PJs until almost 2:00. They have been lounging about playing games and reading books and listening to Jack Johnson (one of Bman's favorite gifts). I think we still may try to go out this evening with or without the Dad. Or maybe we will wait and go out to dinner on Monday. I'll post pics as soon as I get them off the camera.
Tomorrow will be birthday fest--day three. Bman is being ordained a deacon at church and we will be having a small get together afterward for family and a few close friends. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...