It turns out that Grandma's china pattern and mine are very similar. I was able to combine the two and have enough for all fourteen kids.
There wasn't a lot of parking space to work with, so we enlisted the help of a valet. James took his job very seriously?
And here it is in all it's prom glory:
Our waiter looks suspiciously like our valet. They must be related! The Lady also waited tables for us. It was so nice to have a few extra pair of hands!
One of my more genius ideas--grandma has a grand piano and my niece is an amazing pianist. I feed her and her husband quite regularly, just so they will feel obliged to go along with all of my hair brain ideas! She played so beautifully all night long. I think she played for over two hours straight. It really took this party over the top!
Saturday happened to be Cinco de Mayo and it also happened to be The Man's date's birthday. So he felt like a pinata was in order. He worked on it all week...painstakingly adding layer after layer of papermache. I think it turned out super cool. After dinner they all headed out to bust it open.
It was really a fun evening. Everyone had such a great time--including the help!
If you want more of the nitty gritty details, click on over to my Pretty Petunia blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment