Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Belonging


We have been talking about "belonging" in Joy School for the past little while, and how that factors into family life.  It's a simple concept---but at the same time it's so HUGE!  I just really hope that Lucie gets it.  That she really understands that she truly does belong.



Anyway, as part of our curriculum yesterday, we made popsicle stick puppets to represent each member of our family.  I thought they turned out super cute.  Lucie is all about the details.  She's getting to be quite the budding artist.  She wanted to make some Grandma and Grandpa puppets but there wasn't a lot of time left.  All those grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins...aren't families wonderful?  You could make puppets for ever!  So she decided to just make puppets to represent grandma and grandpa "on a mission".

"Is today their day off?"
"No, Saturday is their day off."
"OK, then I will draw Grandma in a dress.  I'm sure she is wearing a dress today!"
"What color pants does Grandpa wear?"
"Grandpa has to wear black pants."

Da da da dum--

Grandma and Grandpa Missionary puppets!



I think there is an incredible likeness.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Wow! That's very insightful. I love it!!!! And that really is a good likeness of Grandma and me. All those details, and asking for details, too. We love you, Lucie, and we are very happy you are our grand-daughter. We miss you, but love to see you on the computer.
Love, G'pa and G'ma

devanddar said...

So cute! I looked at them and thought - "Yes, Grandma and Grandpa!" Love them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...