The cannoli was a huge hit! We have a winner in the pumpkin category. I will post some pics when I get them off of my card.
Now let's talk apples. My pantry is crammed full of these babies! We picked all of the apples off of our trees over the weekend. And it was a bumper crop. It just isn't fall without apples. I am definitely teaching how to make caramel apples for my cooking class. That is the one thing they asked me to do. So, that's always fun. I will probably share a couple of techniques and options. Because there's always more than one way to caramel an apple!
In my great recipe shake-down, I came across some other gems that I have been dying to try. How does a baked caramel apple sound? Or just a baked apple in general. I found several crock-pot versions. We may just try one for family night tonight. Have I mentioned apple pie egg rolls? I can't remember. I'm losing my mind. It's basically an egg roll wrapper filled with apple pie filling and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. We had them for breakfast the other day. Yummioso! My first attempt was not so great. I thought I would try baking them instead of frying them. You know, for health's sake. Can you say blech? This is one thing you are definitely going to want to fry. And serve it up with a scoop of ice cream. You won't be sorry. (Yea, we had ice cream for breakfast--is that a problem?) I found recipes for TONS of yummy dips to dunk your apples in. Caramel dips, chocolate chip cookie dough dip, whipped topping dips...Have you ever heard of a caramel stuffed apple cider cookie? Yea. How about caramel apple popcorn? And there is an interesting apple cider caramel I want to try. And last but certainly not least, a caramel apple parfait that looks divine. Yummo!
Got any other great apple ideas?

2 comments:
When we moved into the new place we got an apple treat to boot. We have since made a bunch of apple pie filling and have canned it. It sure is yummy and cuts down on time when wanting to make apple pie or apple crispt and it is a super good Christmas gift.
I like to can apple pie filling too! It makes it all go so much faster!
Post a Comment