Our Daddy recently started working from home. He's discovered that it definitely has some perks!
*sampling homemade bread hot from the oven (and cookies, and cakes, and...) instead of having to wait until you get home from work
*eating lunch everyday with his wife and favorite four year old
*you can go to work in your pajamas (not that he does...but he could)
*being at home when the kids come home and hearing about their adventures
*dining alfresco anytime you want
*experiencing a thrill of a pet bunny with the children during Joy School.
*dancing in an owl costume for your 11 year old's campaign skit for student council during your lunch hour. (I don't think he sees the value in this just yet. But his daughter sure does!)
*being an eyewitness to your daughter's first whistle
*typing on your computer with your daughter on your lap.
*taking your son and his friends waterskiing on your lunch hour.
*watching your littlest child learn to snap for the first time and climb the tree in the back yard
*having your favorite four year old curl up in your window seat and take a nap--right there in your office!
*receiving daily master pieces of art to hang on your office wall.
Oh, the list goes on. That's only a small sampling. The other day he told me that we needed to start over, because he missed too much of the older kids growing up years. I tried hard during those years to relay funny stories or experiences to him over the phone. But it's just not the same as being there in person. I sure am grateful that I've been there every step of the way. Imagine if both of us were working outside the home while our children were little. I can't think of a more depressing thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment