Join me if you will.
I have a million things on my to-do list. And no. I am not exaggerating. And this is not your daily to-do kind of a list. It does not include washing the dishes, or grocery shopping, or making the bed. No. No. No. This is a more long-term kind of a list. Think flower bed makeovers and swing set construction. Think cabinet resurfacing and tile installation. Think family photo restoration and ancestral journal preservation. Think spring cleaning on steroids. You get the idea.
I've decided that if I am going to get to them all, I need to work on at least one project everyday. I've also decided that in order to hold myself accountable, I may need to blog my progress. Lastly, I've decided that it is fair game to beg, bribe and demand help from those that live under my same roof.
In honor of spring and all of the rain we have been getting. I started with some of the spring cleaning items.
Over the past few days/weeks I have worked on the following:
My computer desk:
This was a disaster. I didn't paint or strip or stain. I cleared off the surface. Yea, I am an overachiever. I shredded a whole lot of old documents. It filled a giant garbage bag. It was embarrassing. You can almost see the table top now. Just a few more file folders to label and fill and I will be home free. I also hung a few organizing devices to help control the monster. I will take pics and post soon.
The media/computer closet:
I tackled this in conjunction with the desk project. They kind of go together. Not quite done yet, but getting there. I need to solicit the help of our family techno adviser (aka Dad). He has a lot of cables and gadgets and electro-who-knows-whats cluttering the top shelves.
Magazines:
We have a tendency to collect magazines. I used to think it was just hubby that couldn't throw a magazine away. But, I've come to the realization that I am just as guilty. I may need to join a support group. I recycled at least a half ton of magazines yesterday. By "recycled" I mean, I took them out to our new recycling garbage can. LOVE IT!
Flower Boxes, Gardens, and Weeds (with a few electrical projects thrown in):
Every year for mother's day, my husband and kids give me a full day of their time. Slaves for a day if you will. I love it! This year we sprayed all of the noxious weeds in the yard and planted my window boxes. We also planted part of our vegetable garden (tomatoes, carrots, lettuce/spinach, and herbs). The boys also installed some new porch lights (that have been housed in the garage for FIVE years now. Talk about procrastination!) They also installed some new lights in the girls' cubby/playroom. The man got called away by his friends to go on a hike. So I didn't quite get a full day out of him. But he has promised me that he will make up for it this week. If only it would stop raining.
OK. So there you have it. Now that I've brought you up to speed. I promise that I will only post about one project at a time.
Today's possible projects: (I like to have options)
finish up projects already in progress (magazines, desk, closet)
clean out and organize filing cabinet (this one is going to be ugly)
clean out our bedroom cubby (under the eaves in the master bedroom)-YIKES!
No comments:
Post a Comment