I am appealing to my neighbors or anyone who has experience with this. Our city has recently decided to get on the green bandwagon and offer curb-side recycling. I know, we are WAY behind the times here. But better late than never. We have a single-stream system...which basically means that you don't have to sort your recyclables (is that a word? It looks funny) into different containers. Paper, cans, plastic, etc can all go into one big blue garbage can and it is picked up every other week.
Friday, May 07, 2010
Let's Talk Recycling
I am appealing to my neighbors or anyone who has experience with this. Our city has recently decided to get on the green bandwagon and offer curb-side recycling. I know, we are WAY behind the times here. But better late than never. We have a single-stream system...which basically means that you don't have to sort your recyclables (is that a word? It looks funny) into different containers. Paper, cans, plastic, etc can all go into one big blue garbage can and it is picked up every other week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Gee, I hadn't thought about the logistics of separating out the recyclables. I think having one for each floor is a good idea. Having the kids pitch in and decorate a trash can just for recyclables might help them remember to use it.
Yay for PG getting with the times! We have always had the recycle bins here. I am lucky enough to have a double trash-can pull out drawer in my kitchen. If I didn't have that, I guess I would go ahead and dedicate a spot next to the regular trash can. Our recycle bin fills up just as fast as our regular trash bin. If they are right next to each other, you remember better, and you won't give up because it is too far to walk. :) (I would give up half the time if I had to walk to another room to recycle!)
We have regular trash cans around the house, but just one each in the kitchen area. The trash one is in the normal place under the sink, and the recycle one is in a closet nearby. It is just second nature once you get used to it.
The great thing about the recycled stuff is that it is all "clean" - so it never stinks.
Post a Comment