Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Note to Self
Put away the Bambi DVD. Put it away and never get it out again. I know, Bambi is super cute and that Thumper is just darling when he has to eat his greens. But LOSE IT FOREVER!
None of the other kids liked this movie. I haven't seen it in years and years and honestly did not remember it much. Lucie begged to watch it. She actually handles movies much better than the other two for the most part. She does not get scared by horrible queen/witches, or freaky octopus ladies, or big hairy beasts, or mean step-mothers. So I let her watch it. Not good. She handled the fire--no problem. The hunter--no big deal. But, just after Bambi's mother gets shot, I looked over at her and she is curled up on the couch, quietly sobbing sobbing--like I have never seen her sob before. She has this thing--it's her Achilles heal. It is a very real fear of losing mothers (hers in particular)
and it totally broke my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So sorry, I started to cry when I read this. Give her a big hug from us Kansas people. Love you guys.
I have always hated Bambi. Give Luce kisses from all of us!
That really touched me. Made me remember the first time I saw Bambi and I had much the same reaction. My love to Lucie.
Gmpa
Similar thing when I saw Bambi years ago. It's awful. I won't touch that movie with a ten foot pole.
Break my heart! Bring it over and I will burn it myself. We don't own that one, you make a compelling case to keep it that way!!
Make sure she knows every day how much you all (WE ALL) love her and we will never, ever leave her. And never watch that again.
Post a Comment