Monday, November 02, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Day

We weren't able to schedule our pumpkin carving until the Friday night before Halloween.  We usually like to get to it a little sooner than that.  But, it was a lot of fun nonetheless.  We grew our three pumpkins in our garden.  They weighed in at 60 lbs, 40 lbs, and 20 lbs.  I don't think we've ever carved a 60 lb pumpkin before.  It was huge! 

Lucie got the smallish pumpkin.
She got right to work.  Dad was her special assistant.


 

 

 
Hello friend!

The Lady picked the medium sized pumpkin.
She invited a friend over to help her carve it.







 

The Man nabbed the super huge 60 pound monstrosity (of course).



This thing was huge!




"OK, it looks like I got all the guts out!"




"Oh no, it's eating Lucie's pumpkin!"




"Oh no, now it's eating Lucie!"




"Hey, does this thing float??"

 We had pizza rolls, sugar cookies, and caramel apples to boot.
All in all, it was a super fun "family" night.

BOO!

5 comments:

Sarah F. said...

Those pumpkins were HUGE! I can't believe they came from your garden. They looked great.

devanddar said...

I love the picture of the pumpkin eating Lucie.

Shelli Sivert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryony said...

I thought those pumpkins on the porch looked huge when I saw them Saturday night. I can't believe those came from your very own garden! WOW!!

(Thanks again for the costume loan - I think V had a blast!)

Bree D. said...

My girls LOVED the pumpkin eating the pumpkin! I however liked it eating Lucie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...