Friday, October 09, 2009

Scarecrow Fest

We were in charge of play group today. By "we", I mean Lucie and I. "We" had a great time. I figured this was my one shot to focus on fall...and I love scarecrows, so we went with that.

We started with puzzles.

Then we played scarecrow games and learned a few little scarecrow songs.

The kids loved free-play time. Today's hits were the train set, the dishes and plastic food, and the dress-up clothes. They were hillarious! You should have seen the party clothes they donned for our pretend birthday tea.

Making and eating all of that pretend food made them want the real thing. They could hardly wait for snack time. We made scarecrow cookies and had sliced apples.

Then we made these cute little scarecrow sacks and headed outside for a "leaf" hunt.

*Here's a funny little aside. My trees do not have interesting leaves. Even if they did, they have not changed colors yet and they are still firmly attached to the trees. But, I pressed forward undaunted! Yesterday Lucie and I went to the neighbor's backyard (with permission of course) and gathered up two boxes of leaves. This morning before the kids arrived, we went outside and scattered them about the yard. Heh.

We had tons of fun!

We also read a really cute book by Denyz Cazet called Nothing At All. It cracked the kids up. Pretty funny.

Thanks for coming to play everybody--we can't wait until next time!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh, Rachel loves playgroup so much! She couldn't wait to go to "Lucie's house" and asked me every 5 minutes this morning when it was time to go. This is really such a great thing we're doing. Thanks for putting it all together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...