There are several things buzzing about my head this morning.
First Buzz:
We are back in full swimming mode. The fitness center closed the pool for a couple of weeks to resurface it. But now we are back. You would have thought that we would have reverted back to having a big family dinner for those two weeks. Oh no! They tasted the good life and now they expect it. So, for the past two weeks, I have been cooking family breakfasts and family dinners. I've been trying lots of new recipes and I will post the ones that I liked soon. I have also found a way to get veggies in at breakfast--pumpkin pancakes! Yummy. They taste like pumpkin pie. Especially if you put whipped cream on top. I've found some good grab and go dinner recipes too. We are looking forward to the Lady's first swim meet in a couple of weeks. Should be fun!
Second Buzz:
The Man is recovering from his oral surgery. The teeth came out really well. The first day was a piece of cake. Since then it's been a little rocky. I think he should be farther along by now. I'm not sure why he is healing so slowly. He is still eating very little. Mostly shakes and yogurt. He might slip in some french fries. For a long time he just couldn't get his mouth open wide enough to get anything in. For the past day or two the swelling has gone down enough to open his mouth--but it hurts to chew. He is going to waste away if he doesn't start eating soon. We go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow. We'll see what he says. Hopefully things will speed up and he will be back to eating us out of house and home.
Third buzz:
We just cleaned out the toy closet-whew! That was a job! Lucie found an old jar of bubbles and begged to go outside. So despite the cold chill in the air, we bundled her up and I let her blow bubbles on the porch while I cleaned up the breakfast mess. She played out there for a long time. When she finally came in she told me she was "tired and hundry--I was blowing real hard!" Apparently blowing bubbles really takes it out of you! She is growing up and so fun to be around. Most of the time.
I won't lie to you though--she's not easy and never has been. This became all too clear to me over the weekend. We were tending the neighbor's little guy for a few hours. He is absolutely adorable! When his parents left, he was sleeping peacefully in his crib (clue #1). The Lady went to their house to read for a while and wait him out. She was pretty nervous about how the whole thing would go down (based on past experience with her little sister). When he finally did wake up he was happy and pleasant and not at all nervous about a relative stranger being in his bedroom (clue #2). She brought him over to our house for the remainder of the afternoon. He was happy and content and delightful. The Man commented on how "Lucie would have freaked out if she woke up and we weren't there!" She would have too.
Hmm. I hope that I haven't distorted their view on what babies/toddlers are typically like. I think I'd forgotten myself. She's adorable and perfect. She's making great strides. But she isn't easy.
Fourth Buzz:
I think it's time for a new header--don't you?
I'll have to work on that.
1 comment:
Yeah, Summer is so over. Get a new header, why don't ya? :)
Actually, I like it. It makes me think of warmer times. Everyone at my job keeps saying how we went straight from Summer to Winter and skipped Fall.
Tell B-man I'm sorry about his mouth. I remember when I got mine out. My friends all told me I looked good with a little bit of weight on my face. Guess they all thought I was too skinny.
Lucie is great. I'm sure she'll be okay some day to wake up with you out of the house. Maybe.
I'm also glad you're finding some good recipes. Keep up the search!
Post a Comment