Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Glimmers

Well, I can't even believe it, but my baby is turning three next week. She is cracking us up as she anticipates the big day. She knows the drill this year and she is all over it! Yesterday she received a birthday card in the mail from ---Toys'R'Us. She was in heaven. She takes it wherever she goes. She will show me her card and say, "Mom, I got a birthday card--it's so exciting!"

If you ask her what she wants for her birthday present, this is what you consistently get:
"I want a puppy!"
Sorry honey, that's a big no on the puppy!
"OK, I want a little kitten!"
That's even less likely than a puppy.

"How about a horsey?"

Oh my goodness, I am in such big trouble here.


I told her she could have a couple of her little friends over for a party on her birthday. For several weeks she wanted a "green" birthday party. I am not even really sure what that means. Then this last week she switched to a blue party. Yesterday I asked her what happens at a blue birthday party. Oh, you know...blue cake, blue ice cream, blue cups and napkins...blue balloons. Then she got a spark in her eye and said "I want a blue Jasmine princess party!"

That quickly morphed into ...(get ready for it)...I want a Jafar party!!" What?
"Do you mean a genie party?"
"No, Jafar"
"You know he's the bad guy right? He's mean!"
"I want a red Jafar party!"


What kind of a kid has a red Jafar party??

Well today she has forgotten all about Jafar (thank heaven) and she now wants a yellow birthday party. I'm not really sure what to do. Maybe a rainbow-Disney-villain and/or princess-party??

HELP!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy birthday little one! Can't believe my little Rachel will be 3 too. It's really quite sad. Congrats on the potty-training though! That's such a relief, isn't it?

Bree D. said...

When Abby turned three she wanted a Blue party. It was her favorite color and she LOVED Cinderella- because she wore blue. So we had a blue party. The invite had everyone wear blue, we played blue balloon games and decorated the house in blue. She thought it was the greatest thing ever! So color parties do work- but Red Jafar? I don't know...

Suz said...

Wow! That's so funny! Dags had a "pink and blue" party! So we wrapped the presents in pink and blue paper, had pink and blue balloons and streamers...and she was in heaven! How did you go from "I need to start potty training" to "We're done with diapers!" That's so unfair!!! :)

TJoad said...

Suz,

First of all, there was about four months between those two posts. The first time around she just plain wasn't ready. It was frustrating both of us. So we waited. I could tell she was getting ready the first part of August. We had company for about three weeks straight. Once everyone left and things calmed down, we set to work. She literally trained in two days once she set her mind to it. Thank goodness it was summer and hot, because she ran around in just underwear for a couple of weeks. How's Dags doing in the potty department?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...