Friday, July 24, 2009

Overheard Conversations

We have two extra kids at our house today. Soon to be six. There is a lot of energy flowing. We decided to go out to lunch with Dad. I think kids are hilarious--this is what I overheard in the car:

Conversation #1:

"What is your dream car?"
Visiting Child: "My dream car is a neon blue Corvette with racing stripes and a super charged engine!"
The Lady: "My dream car is a baby blue Mustang"
The Man: "My dream car is an RV!" (The other children thought this was hilarious-it evoked lots and lots of laughter)

"What is your dream home like?"
Visiting Child: "I want a three story house. The first floor is my bath tub. (Originally he was going to put the bathtub on the third floor. The other children showed him the folly in this idea.) The second story is my hangar. The third story is my computer room."

The Lady: "My dream home is...(insert lovely description of a typical dream home)"

The Man: "I'm going to live in a shack!" (collective gasp from other children) "I'm putting all of my money into my RV!"


Conversation #2:

"Usually people gain weight in their stomachs or their behinds. It's easy to ignore. Just think if we gained all of our weight on our foreheads---everyone would be like YIKES! Get me to the gym right now!"

1 comment:

Kansas Dude said...

in the foreheads!?! Why didn't I think of that? That's genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...