Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This and that

Sorry that I have been sporadic with my blogging as of late. I am still not feeling great. I'm not flat-on-my-back sick anymore, but still not quite up to par. Time is racing by at break-neck speed. We are in the winding up days of school and there is a lot going on...choir performances, band recitals, dance recitals, award ceremonies, etc etc. Tomorrow is The Lady's poetry reading. They have been focusing on poetry this year in school and have written many poems and published them in their own books. They will be sharing them with parents tomorrow. We have soccer try-outs for next year's team and scouts, and piano and all of the regular stuff. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

I am sooooo excited for the kids to be out of school though. I LOVE having them home. We have some fun things planned for this summer and we are anxious to get on with it. Have I told you that we will be participating in a pioneer trek reinactment this summer?? Well, the girls will be staying home with Grandma and Grandpa, but the other three of us will be heading for the mountains... pushing and pulling handcarts for three days. We are excited for the adventure. And we are busy making all of the necessary preparations. Not the least of which is getting this forty-something body in shape for that kind of a hike. Yikes! We also have to make pioneer clothing to wear and research some of our pioneer ancestors. Grandma and Grandpa T were willing to come and be with the girls while we are gone. You have no idea how grateful I am for their help! The girls are counting the days until they come. They are actually coming for a few weeks and we can not wait!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...