Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ode to Eggs


I read somewhere that April is National Poetry Month. I have no idea if it is or not. But, I did promise to post this a while back. So here you go. This poem was written by Devin in 1993.

eggs

although they aren't quite as soft,
eggs are like little round clouds.
and whenever there's an egg around,
it's sure to draw quite a crowd.
you eat eggs to make you healthy and strong
and if your friend has an egg,
and you don't, i'm sure he'd say, "come on"!
they're good no matter how you cook 'em
boiled, fried, scrambled, or raw,
i'm sure there's nothing like 'em.
hooray for the egg!
hooray for the egg!
if it's not an egg you're eatin'
avoid it like the plague!

1 comment:

devanddar said...

OK I am laughing so hard! I remembered writing this poem, and that S liked it a lot, but I didn't remember it being so good! Haha! And where did you find that picture?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...