Friday, April 03, 2009

Cause for Concern?

So, my husband and I went to dinner last weekend. Things were going well. We always have fun together. Then he says, "I'm feeling a little concerned." "About what?" I replied. I fully expected him to say that so-and-so just lost their job or old-man-so-and-so is in the hospital again or something along those lines. You see, we have conversations like this quite often. But that's not what came next. "I'm worried about you, I don't think you have enough adult interaction." Me?? What do you mean? I blog, I read other's blogs, I even Facebook for crying out loud! I get all the adult interaction I need. "Ummm, how do I put this?" he says. "You nearly accosted me with a fifteen minute one-sided conversation the moment I walked through the door. You tell full-grown individuals to fold their arms and close their eyes before they say their prayers. You tell me to hurry and find my shoes and put on my coat, so we can go for a ride in the car. If I had hair you would probably comb it for me. Need I go on?" (OK so those weren't all of his exact words, but they were implied.)

Apparently I need an intervention. Do any of you want to go out to lunch with a psycho-Mom?? I promise I won't cut your meat or slip into toddlerspeak! O-tay?

4 comments:

julie Gutke said...

Funny...kyle and i had a similar conversation...i think when you are home with the kids so much it just continues over to your husband..and you remind them what to do just like the kids!! lunch would be great any time.....

Rob said...

IM ALL FOR ANY KIND OF OUTING WITH YOU!!!!!

Shelli Sivert said...

I'd love to go with you Julie! Just let me know when! This post made me laugh out loud. Shelli

Brooke said...

hilarious! I love how your hubby was "concerned."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...