Thursday, August 14, 2008

There's only one...

If you know the park I'm speaking of, you are singing the song! We had so much fun at the park on Tuesday. We got there at about 11:30am and stayed until the park closed at 10pm. It was a beautiful day--the sun was shining but it wasn't unbearably hot and the lines weren't bad at all. Initially we purchased an all day pass for Lucie, thinking that she would not be content sitting idly by. Unfortunately, she was too small to ride the kiddie rides all by herself, and the rest of us were too tall to go with her. (I guess that's one pitfall to having our kids spaced so far apart). We petitioned the park for a refund and thankfully they granted it to us. So, Lucie was consigned to riding the few rides that were free with an accompanying paying adult...the carousel, the train, a sky tram, and the ferris wheel. Her favorite by far was the carousel. We rode it several times.

B-man on the tram--it basically transports you from one side of the park to the other.


The girls riding on the tram

Mom and Lucie on the ferris wheel. This ride was a little nerve racking. There were no seat belts, and Lucie kept trying to climb out! (Notice the death grip I have on her!)

And of course the beloved carousel!


The other kids had favorites too. S-lady was nervous to go on the roller coasters at first. Once we succeeded in coaxing her along, she loved every one of them. Her favorite was a water ride that I think we went on four or five times. Bman liked the scarier rides. The more loops and twists and turns the better. We managed to take a few pictures.

This ride simulated a rocket blast-off. Of course, Dad and Bman had to test it out first.

Then S-lady gave it a try.


The water ride!

There was an option for bystanders to pay a quarter and blast the unsuspecting riders with a geyser. Lucie and I had fun with that while we waited!

Most of the other rides were so fast and furious, that it was difficult to take pictures of the kids riding them. Just picture their adorable faces with giant smiles plastered across them. All in all, a successful day!

1 comment:

Kansas Dude said...

Consider me jealous. I miss those rides. I remember one time when the car broke down on the way and Crazy Uncle Ron came and picked up on the side of the road, and he drove through the median to cross the freeway. Of course, that was when I was B-man's age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...