Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh No!

There's only four more days of summer vacation...where did the time go? I'm not ready yet! I love having the kids home (and not just because they help me with all of the work). I'm really going to miss them when they go back to school next week. We've had a great summer and done some fun things together. We have been doing a "fitness challenge" this summer together as a family. I am so proud of everyone. We had some serious sugar restrictions and everyone did such a great job. It also involved other things like exercise and water and fruits and veggies. There were a few exceptions, but for the most part, we have been working on this as a family since June 1st. The reward was a trip to a local amusement park. Yesterday was the day. We had such a great time! In fact, we played so hard that everyone is exhausted today. I think we might have to proclaim mandatory naps for everyone! I will post some pictures soon.

On a different note, "S" conducted his second funeral on Monday. Our thoughts and prayers go out to our friends and neighbors, the Barney family, for the untimely loss of their son. The services were beautiful. It's always sad and difficult, but everything went really well. It's beautiful to see how friends and family members rally around each other and help one another get through these difficult challenges. Families are such a blessing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...