Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Springtime and Feeling Blessed

I apologize for the absence. The weather has been gorgeous...and I have been working hard to get some yard work done. Our yard has been neglected for quite some time. We worked for years on the addition to our house. All of our time and resources went into that. Then we immediately shifted gears and focused all of our time and resources on our adoption. So, I feel like it is time to put some effort into the yard. It's coming along slowly. I have been weeding and planting. I got my window boxes planted...although a couple of the boxes are "in the shop" for repair (i.e. waiting in the garage for someone to fix them). I power raked the lawn a few weeks ago, and it is actually starting to look pretty good. I've been weeding flower beds and planting flowers and shrubs. This week's project is the garden. I should be out there right now. I have it all weeded and tilled. I just need to get the seeds and starts in the ground. I still need to plant a tree and a few more things. I will probably have to wait until our next paycheck.

Like I said...the weather has been warm. Almost too warm. Today it is supposed to reach 94 degrees. It seems like the kids should be out of school and we should be lounging at the pool. Only seven more days! I LOVE having the kids home for summer break. I'm weird, I know. It's just fun to have them around. We don't have a lot planned for this summer. I'm just looking forward to those simple pleasures that summer brings. Playing outside with the neighbors, hanging at the pool, and tackling some projects. Bman is wanting to earn some money. I'm letting him loose on Dad's to do list (items are being added daily--but nothing is getting crossed off!) with compensation. I think he's old enough and capable to do some of these "adult" jobs. I'll let you know how it goes. So far, he has taken down our rickety old swing set and painted the wicker furniture. Next on the list is painting all of the outdoor trim and screen doors (oh yeah, and the window boxes!). Believe me, I have enough to keep him busy all summer!

On a different note, our social worker came for the last time yesterday. She has to submit a post-placement report to China before our one year anniversary. It was good to get it over with! Lucie of course is doing amazingly well. We have definitely been blessed. I can't believe it has almost been a year.

Speaking of anniversaries...it has also been a year since this-



and this-



and this-

Glad to have all of that behind us. All of the men and boys are doing well. It truly was a miracle!

(Click here to see the whole story from last year)

3 comments:

Suz said...

What pool do you go to?

TJoad said...

Well, unfortunately we don't have a pool right outside our door like some people we know. We usually just go to the community pool. It's crowded but fun.

TJoad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...