Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More paperwork

You would think I would be done with all of that paperwork by now...umm no. Today Lucie and I spent the morning at the Social Security Administration Building here in town. I figured if we want to do our taxes anytime soon, I'd better get Lucie a social security number. I've known I've needed to do this from the minute we got home from China. I've just been putting it off and putting it off. Well, now it's done. I had no idea how incredibly busy that place would be. But now she is official as far as soc sec goes. There is one more bit of bureaucracy I need to handle. But, I plan on putting it off a little longer too. Why rush into these things? I need to fill out a bunch of forms for a Recognition of Foreign Adoption-blah blah blah. Basically I have a smallish pile of papers to fill out and notarize that have to be sent to our county court (along with a fat little check of course) to be seen by a judge. He decides to then "recognize" our adoption as official and orders a birth certificate from the vital statistics office to be sent in Lucie's name with us as her parents. It's not required, but it will make her life a little easier if she has an American birth certificate. So, I should probably do it some time soon. It's just such a pain.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...