Wow, I find myself with a few stolen moments this morning. Lucie will hold still for one thing and one thing only..."Signing Time". We have started to TIVO it, so I think we have four episodes now. (It turns out that it doesn't air all that often). Anyway, I plopped her in her favorite beanbag chair and turned on "Signing Time" and stole off to dry my hair. When I returned a few moments later, I found her fast asleep in her favorite beanbag chair. So THAT'S what happens when she sits still. Who knew? It's 9:30 and she is already napping. I decided to take advantage of the situation and sit down and blog. I know it has been forever--once again, I apologize.
Speaking of naps...Lucie is currently transitioning from two naps a day to just one. So, her schedule is a bit unpredictable anyway. I am liking the one nap when it actually works out. She tends to sleep for 2-3 hours (compared to her two 45 minute naps--MUCH better!). She also tends to go down at night much earlier (around 8 or 8:30). It will be nice when the transition is over. For now, we just take what we can get.
I think part of her fatigue today stems from the fact that she had her fifteen month check-up yesterday...and four more shots. She didn't like it one bit. They always throw her for a loop. Her legs hurt and she is walking very gingerly. She's also had a fever, which seems to be par for the course. But she manages to stay pretty happy through it all.
On a different note. I think I am almost ready for Christmas. I have to assemble some goodie boxes for the neighbors today and wrap everything that I have so cleverly stashed around the house. But, I think that is about it. Not too bad. It's a good thing, because today is the kids' last day of school before Christmas break. So it will be hard to get anything done from here on out. Well, I'd better go get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment