Sunday, July 08, 2007

Good Sabbath

The branch president and his wife

We returned to the Guangzhou branch for church today. It was awesome! I ended up being one of the speakers. The topic was "faith". It went well I guess. It's a little hard to prepare a talk in a hotel with very little resources. I didn't even have my regular set of scriptures with me...just a small travel version. Thank goodness for the internet! The church members in this area are amazing! It was such a great experience. I think all of us participated in some way today. There were even fewer people this week than last. As we were heading home, the Branch President and his wife gave us a gift from China. It's an amazing Chinese scroll with the Chinese characters for "Love at Home". So thoughtful. One of the sisters from the congregation is even serving on Temple Square right now. How awesome is that? It sure brought back a lot of great memories. They invited us back again if we are ever in the area. We certainly plan on returning some day.

Since church, we have just been laying low. Lucie is still feeling under the weather and we all needed a little down time today. Our time here is winding down. There is still so much that we want to see and experience. I'm sure the next few days will be very busy. Tomorrow we are visiting a Chinese temple and a museum. Tuesday is Lucie's appointment with the US Consulate. Should be exciting. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Hannah's Assistant said...

Our prayers our with you, especially that Lucie feels better real soon! Everyone at church wants to know when you will be home, you are such an intragel part of our ward family and neighborhood. We miss and love you all, tell Slady that we will make our big plans for the baby shower when J gives the OK! Let Bman know Zach and Mitchell are bored without him here, and Zach got a new bright pink cast. How is the rest of the family feeling? Love ya, Rob and Fam

TJoad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJoad said...

Rob, send me an email at our sisna account, so I will have your address. I don't have my email address book on this computer. Thanks!
J

PKT said...

You might want to give her the amoxicillin, if she doesn't get better today. She has been introduced to a whold new world of pathogens by you and your family.
PKT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...