Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!




Here's wishing everyone a very happy Easter Sunday! We are having a relaxing day with family. This Easter has been a little different than most, but enjoyable still the same. The most notable difference is a lack of homemade chocolates. Usually my friend and I spend weeks making Easter chocolates to sell. This year the timing just wasn't right and we were not able to do it. Everyone is a bit disappointed about that. It was really weird to have to buy candy at the store. But the kids seem to be enjoying their baskets just the same. It's also a bit weird to be home this weekend. Usually the kids spring break corresponds with Easter and we head to the hills to the family cabin. This year spring break is a little bit later in the month. We would love to get away to the cabin, but we will have to wait and see. S is trying to save his vacation time for the BIG TRIP so we are a little crunched. I have a feeling that I will be in desperate need of a vacation in a couple of weeks though!

Church has been keeping us busy. S and I had to speak at our church service this morning. We were asked kind of at the last minute. We spent several hours yesterday preparing and awoke early this morning to put the finishing touches on our remarks. It went well...it was good to reflect on the real meaning of Easter and to be reminded just how thankful we are for our Savior Jesus Christ and for his redeeming sacrifice!


On the adoption front, nothing new has happened since Friday. Just a lot of people feeling disappointed about the current rumors and blowing off steam. We should know more in the morning. I have come to terms with waiting, if indeed that is what we need to do. I can't do anything about it, so I might as well have a good attitude. I worry a little bit about the kids...especially S-lady. This wait has been extremely hard on her. I don't know if she can take another disappointment, I have not completely given up hope for tomorrow and would love to be surprised in the morning by some good news.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...