Well, I've finally been able to listen to my new vocabulary CD. The first CD that I received was terribly damaged in the mail. So, I have been waiting for another one. The man that sells them gladly sent me a new one, for which I am grateful! Anyway, here are a few of the more pertinent words to know. I will write the chinese word in pinyin. This is how you would say it phonetically. Of course, the accents, tones, and inflections are another whole thing altogether! (hence the need for the CD) But, you get the idea.
hello (nee hao)
thank you (shee-eh shee-eh)
toilet (tse-swo)
uncle father's younger brother (shoo-foo)
uncle mother's brother (jeoo-foo)
grandpa father's side (yuh-yuh)
grandpa mother's side (wy-gong)
grandma father's side (ny-ny)
grandma mother's side (wy-po)
older brother (guh-guh)
younger brother (dee-dee)
older sister (jee-jee)
younger sister (may-may)
mother (ma-ma)
father (bah-bah)
aunt often what they call their nannies (ah-yee)
I love you (waw ai nee)
little darling (shao bao-bay)
No comments:
Post a Comment