Thursday, January 11, 2007

here we go again!

Well, I finally heard back from my agency. They answered a couple of my questions. They never really answer everything completely, but I've come to expect it. Anyway, it's time to redo some paperwork. Our I-171H expires the end of February. (The first one was good for eighteen months--the expiration was not supposed to be an issue, who knew?) This is the paperwork for the US side of things. They received our background checks back from whoever it is that does that. All clear-no big surprise there. Now, our social worker has to update our homestudy and send me a notorized copy. Then we fill out some basic forms, take our birth and marriage certificates, the homestudy, and a fat check for ~$600 to our state USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) office. You also have to have some biometrics (fingerprinting) done, but we already did that last November. They will review everything and hopefully get back to us in a timely manner. I think last time it took about two weeks. The social worker is coming on Monday to do the update. So, hopefully we can have everything back in order within about a month.

In other news, I did order the car seat online. However, it is on backorder. Good thing I am in no real rush! It should arrive in about three weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...