Wednesday, November 08, 2006

King Tut and Little Red



Well, I am finally getting around to writing the Halloween post. The kids had a great time. The prep sure kept me busy, but I guess it's all worth it in the end. B had to dress up like an Egyptian. His class at school has been studying ancient Egypt and they were all required to dress up on Halloween. Instead of having a typical Halloween party, they had an Egyptian party. They served foods from Egypt (pita sandwiches, pomegranates, figs, lentil salad, grapes, melons, etc) and learned the art of wrapping mummies. It was pretty fun! And I think they learned a thing or two as well.

S on the otherhand wanted to be red riding hood for Halloween. I was up late trying to fashion a red hooded cape. I finished it about two minutes before she left for school. It turned out OK, but I would use a different pattern if I were to do it again! She had fun at the school party and parade.
Later that night we went to the neighborhood trunk or treat and then Gma and Gpa came over to visit. All in all, I think it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...