We've had some pretty awesome birthday celebrations in our time. But today.
Today was deemed the best birthday ever! We managed to pull-off a surprise birthday party for the Lady. She wasn't suspicious at all. Mostly because we've always told her that she wouldn't be having a party until her sixteenth birthday. But, we went against tradition and hosted a party anyway. It was awesome!
A few weeks ago the Lady mentioned to me that she's always wanted to have a food fight. That was all the inspiration I needed. I texted one of her friends and let her spread the word. I had them wear old clothes and bring a can of whipping cream. We sent the Lady off to the library with her Dad while her friends gathered at the house. They popped out at her as she entered the house and sufficiently
scared surprised her. We had Cafe Rio salads (the homemade version) for lunch. Then the girls played games while I cleaned up the kitchen. After games and lots of giggling, we reassembled for dessert. Pie! And then we gathered outside for the world's best pie fight!!
 |
| This was her reaction when she heard what we were going to do! |
We filled some paper french fry containers with whipping cream. I
wanted to buy some disposable pie tins, but they were too much money.
So, I decided to just use some french fry containers (I think I have 500
of them!) and they worked just fine. We decorated our cream pies with
sprinkles and let the girls have at it. We set some rules of
engagement---like they could only throw pies on the grass, not anywhere
near the porch. They could come to the porch to refill their containers
and then go back into the arena.
 |
| The anticipation alone brought on huge smiles! |
 |
| Prepping for battle. |
 |
| On your mark. |
 |
| Get set. |
 |
| GO! |
 |
| Time to reload. |
 |
| Lucie couldn't wait to get into the fray. |
 |
| You knew Dad couldn't just sit idly on the sidelines, right? |
 |
| Tastes as good as it looks. |
 |
| The victors! |
They loved it. It was so much fun! And the clean-up was just as fun as the pie fight. Luckily it was warm enough (barely) to turn on the hose and spray them all off.
Happy birthday sweetheart!! We love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment