I have been the victim of a serious computer malfunction. Well. It's more like computer death. Gone. Everything is gone. Recipes and cookbooks? Gone. My ever-evolving to do list? Gone. Digital scrapbooking stuff? Gone. Financial records? Gone. Years and years of documents and papers and lesson plans? Gone. Photos? Not gone. That is the one thing that my honey is diligent about backing up. Bless him. So, you get the picture--it has been a nightmare and it has taken nigh unto two weeks to get things moving again. At first I was hopeful, because my husband is a genius. Then I was angry because nothing was coming back to life. Now I am just eager to rebuild and move on. He is upstairs right now installing all of the necessary bells and whistles to my new hard drive that arrived via FedEx today. And thankfully the computer was still under warranty. We are definitely blessed!
All of this might explain the noticeable absence of posts around here. (I have to sneak in to use my honey's computer when he isn't looking or when he's gone for the night. Just to read my email.) It might also explain why I haven't paid any bills or balanced my budget or tended to Santa bookings (yes, people are already thinking ahead to December!), or any number of other things I was supposed to be doing. So, over the next days/weeks I hope to catch-up. We have things to talk about. Like five year old birthday parties, and first days of school, and the Beatles, and storytelling, and Joy School, and peaches, and Willie Nelson, and homecoming preparations and cooking classes.
A lot can happen in two weeks!
1 comment:
Oh I'm sorry! That sounds TERRIBLE.
Post a Comment