Monday, September 19, 2011
The Cat in the Hat-part one
THE PREP
Lucie wanted a cat in the hat party. So, that's what we did.
We started by making some little treat bags a couple of days ahead of time.
We followed a red and light blue color scheme. I wrapped kitkat (get it? kat?) bars with red striped paper, added some gummy fish and of course, we just had to make some thing 1 and thing 2 clothespin dolls!
I decided to make some felt "fish" beanbags to play some games with. I was going to send them home with the kids, but the eyes kept coming off. I couldn't let them take home eyeless fish. They are all repaired now with stronger glue and we play with them around the house. I think they turned out pretty cute!
The day of the party we decorated the backyard. We added balloons and streamers and kites. We made some cat in the hat cut-outs and taped them up. I saw an idea on the internet for backyard twister. We decided to give it a go using cat in the hat colors (pink, blue, red, and white) Lucie loved it and it was fun!
Tune in tomorrow for an account of the actual festivities!
Labels:
birthday parties,
cat in the hat,
Lucie,
party favors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That backyard twister looks really cool. What creative ideas you have! Rachel had such a great time!
Post a Comment