Yikes. Things have been a little nutty around here. About a week ago we got a wild hair notion to move the Lady into her own room. It's a little hard for a four year old and a twelve year old to live symbiotically in the same room. One is just embracing full blown childhood in all it's glory and the other is trying to say good-bye to all childish things. So, we spent one full Saturday moving furniture and relocating Mom's craft room yet again. I have to say that it was a brilliant move. Everyone is happy and loving their new found freedom. As an added bonus, Lucie has slept in her bed every night! And she has even stayed in her room for the entire night TWICE!
But, there was one problem remaining. Mom's craft room was no longer a room. It was and still is a pile of growing creeping stuff that is now threatening to take over the master bedroom. You see, I have to fit all of my treasures that once occupied an entire room into one bookcase (at least its a good sized one). I've been trying to make it work...it just isn't. Working that is.
So, one thing has led to another. I am now rethinking all of the possible storage areas in the house and trying to make sure everything is in the right and most effective place to ensure optimum form and function. You know, making sure that we are storing things in the rooms that they are used. Moving stuff that isn't used often into less accessible areas and having the things that we need frequently at our fingertips so to speak. I've done a lot of thinking and not all that much "moving". That led to another Saturday of moving and cleaning and purging. We spent the entire day yesterday cleaning out the attic. Yikes! It's amazing how much cr*p you can accumulate by just shoving it in the attic. I have at least one van full of stuff to donate to good will tomorrow. And I am sure there is more to come. The good news is that I have emptied out a fairly good sized area in the attic. Now I can fill it up again! I still haven't tamed the raging tide of craft stuff in my bedroom. But I'm working on it. The hope is that I can free up some other closets and dressers and bookshelves and then find a home for all of my sewing, scrapping, paper crafting treasures! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment