Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nobel prize winners-lucky??

So the MC of the science fair told a funny story that I thought I would share with y'all.  He teaches chemistry and biology at our local high school.  He is also very involved in supporting the science fairs from the local level and on up.  He has the privilege of escorting the high school student nominees to the International Science Fair every year.  He recalled an experience he had a while back.  The participants have the opportunity to ask any question they want to a panel of 13 Nobel Prize Laureates.  He said that the students were asking all kinds of questions.  But the most memorable came from a young lady.

"We are told that the most important meal of the day is breakfast.  So, I'm wondering...do you typically eat breakfast and what do you usually eat?"

The first gentleman on the panel kind of squirmed for a minute and then replied.  "Well, I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but I eat Lucky Charms everyday."

The second laureate piped in..."Me too.  I eat cereal everyday and my favorite is Lucky Charms."

And so it went.

Nine of thirteen Nobel Prize Laureates eat Lucky Charms for breakfast everyday.

Dang.  You can imagine how excited my family was to hear this story.  They are die hard Lucky Charm fans.  I rarely buy it for them.  Maybe on a special occasion or if there is a really great sale.  I might have to rethink my cereal choices.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...