Friday, January 28, 2011

birthday funnies

So, we have been celebrating my birthday for the past couple of days.  Lucie has been cracking me up.  First of all she decorated an empty wrapping paper tube with beautiful green ribbons. She proudly gave me her birthday creation.  I asked her what it was used for and she replied "It's to help you walk up the stairs!"

Really?  A cane??!
I know I am getting old, but I had no idea.

Then I overheard her talking to her sister.
Lucie:  "So how old is she?"
The Lady:  "I'm not sure, but she is getting old."
Lucie:  "OH NO, she is going to be dead!"

I thought I would bust a gut.  We have had a few funerals over the past months.  They have all been elderly people who have lived full and rich lives.  They always make her a little nervous.  I have assured her that I have no plans to expire until I am very old.  Apparently I'm almost there.

1 comment:

Bree D. said...

Happy Birthday Julie! That Lucie is just about the funniest little girl I know. If it makes you feel better, I don't think you are old!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...