I've been working in the yard/garden lately. Today I was fertilizing the tomato plants.
(warning: the following conversation might not technically reflect true botanical principles)
Me (spreading fertilizer around the base of the tomato plants)
Lucie: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: I am feeding the plants.
Lucie: Oh. Isn't that poison?Me: Yes, it is for you. Don't eat it. But the plants like it.
(cultivating the fertilizer into the soil)
Lucie: Why are you doing that?
Me: The plants like to eat their food in the dirt.
Lucie: Oh. Plants don't have mouths.
Me: That's right. They eat their food through their roots.
(watering the newly fertilized plants with the hose)
Lucie: Why are you getting their food wet?
Me: They like to eat their food wet.
Lucie: Oh, like cereal!

3 comments:
What a cutie! Fun to see glimpses of how their little minds think!
Shelli, we miss you! How are the new digs?
Precious
Post a Comment