Sunday, January 03, 2010

Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam

Lucie went to the Sunbeam class at church today for the first time.  We have been talking about it for weeks.  I wanted her to be prepared.  I have been teaching her nursery class for over a year.  It has been so fun to be with her at church on Sundays.  We had a great time together with the other teacher and children.  This was her first time going to class without Mom.  It went without a hitch.  She confidently walked into the Primary room, sat in her chair and bid me farewell.

After church I was telling her how proud I was of her.  I asked her how it went.  She replied, "Well (long pause), it was kind of boring."

She's never been one to mince words.

3 comments:

Bree D. said...

Lucie did SO great. It was Eva that fell apart and wouldn't let go!! I had to keep saying "Look at Lucie, she isn't crying, aren't you a big girl like Lucie"!! After a while she decided she was, tell Lucie thanks for being such a good example, I am forever grateful!

The Stig and The Pickle said...

That is awesome. I love Lucie. I was always kicked out of nursery and sunbeams! She is so brave.

Sarah F. said...

Great job Lucie! And hopefully it won't be too boring for too long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...