Thursday, December 03, 2009

I'm back!

Back home and back to blogging.  I was granted a little vacation over the weekend.  I returned to the land of my youth.  I haven't been "home" for about twelve years.  It was so fun and a bit surreal to be back.  Thanks to my dear friend Dina and her family for taking such good care of me and my brothers while we were there!

Here are a few assorted observations and thoughts from my trip to "Mo-Town":

*The tree in front of my childhood home is HUGE!
*Wing Yees is no longer known by the same name or in the same location.
*Wonton soup was yummy!  Egg rolls aren't quite as good as they used to be.
*Church is church is church.  There are good people there.  I was taught well.
*Brother Christensen is still leading the music--some things never change.
*Michigan has been hit HARD by this rotten economy.  Very sad.
*Doc Smith is still going strong.  He is so fun to sing with!
*I love hanging out with my brothers!
*I really miss my family when I am away.
*Michigan cider and donuts are still as good as I remembered-YUM!
*Michigan is cold--I'd forgotten.
*Charlie squirrel is still alive and well!
*It turns out that Michiganders really do have an accent.  I never really believed it as a kid.
*I was/am blessed to have such great family, friends, and teachers in my life!

2 comments:

Bryony said...

Glad you had fun and returned home safely!

Roger said...

Those trees really do grow (quickly?) I went back this summer to my home at 12-13 years old and didn't recognize the street because of the huge trees. Glad you had a good time, we missed you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...