Friday, December 18, 2009

The Christmas Card Dilemma

Sigh.

I have never had such a hard time with my Christmas cards.  They should be ordered, addressed, stamped, and mailed by now.  But...sadly no.  It's all because of the family photo.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard.  I am not asking for much.  I am not demanding a professional sitting at Olan Mills.  I just want to stick the camera on the tripod and snap a few shots.  The problem is that we are never all home at the same time.  I am not exagerating.  Everyone leaves at different times in the morning and there is not one minute where we are all dressed and ready before people start heading out the door.  When the kids get home from school--Lucie is usually napping and Dad is at work.  When Dad gets home from work--the Lady is at swimming.  When the Lady gets home from swimming, Dad is in meetings.  When Dad finally gets home, one or more of us are asleep. 

It's a real problem.

I thought I had it beat.  I decided to just take individual pictures of the kids and somehow "collage" them into a decent Christmas card.  It's not working.  I can't seem to create just what I want.  Probably because what I really want is a family picture.  You know--with all of us---clean and dressed.  I don't think it's too much to ask.

Apparently it is.  You should be getting your Christmas card sometime in February.  We'll probably be in our pajamas.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Bree D. said...

Julie- let me take your photo on Sunday right after church when you are all looking your best and all TOGETHER!!! I am totally serious!

TJoad said...

I would totally love that! The problem is snagging "The Dad". Maybe I can call his secretary and schedule him for five minutes right after church. Can you believe that it has come to this?? Thanks Bree! I will bring my camera and hope for the best!

Bree D. said...

No problem- I would love to help you guys out!!

PKT said...

Julie,
It is okay to have individual shots. Sounds like a theme for the year.

PS. It doesn't get any better as they get older...

The Stig and The Pickle said...

You should get the picture that Jim took at the DDB and use that one. It's already taken. Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...