Sunday, May 03, 2009

An anniversary of sorts

Two years ago yesterday we saw Lucie's little face for the first time in the form of a photograph. In the adoption world that is known as "referral day". It was one of the happiest days I have ever had. I had wanted to write a special post in honor of that day. But, I am exhausted and it will have to wait until another day. Just know that we love her to pieces and that day changed our life as a family.

Lucie was in rare form today. She has been non-stop action all day long. A lot of energy...a lot of silly antics...a lot of fun and a good measure of sass. She has officially worn me out. It started at church and escalated from there. About twenty minutes into the meeting she looked at me and said very loudly "The baby is sad. (She often refers to herself as the baby and likes to relate everything in third person.) The baby needs FOOD!" I quietly told her that there were some fruit snacks in the bag that we brought. She responded very animatedly and very loudly "HURRAH FOR FRUIT SNACKS!!" She had been trying to get her Dad to look at her for quite some time. (Her Dad sits on the stand) She said, "Dad's looking now!" He sure was...so was everyone else!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...